1998 Traditional shows a full, deep ruby colour.
The aroma is densely packed with ripe cassis-like fruit characters, underlaid by complex secondary notes of black olive and smoky hints of toasty American oak.
The palate is ripe but characteristically firm showing the generous tannin structure of Cabernet Sauvignon. The finish is long and complex, with the richness of primary fruit beginning to yield to the hints of wood-smoke and chocolate which characterise maturity and will develop further with time.
Rosemount Estate has established itself, in a little over thirty years, as one of Australia's leading wineries, producing a selection of fine wines that reflect the riches of the Australian climate and the winemaking team’s constant dedication to wine quality, innovation and style.
AWARDS Winery Rosemount Estate Australia:
- 2003 INTERNATIONAL WINERY OF THE YEAR - Wine & Spirits Magazine
- 2002 JIMMY WATSON TROPHY - Royal Melbourne Wine Show Australia
- 2000 WINEMAKER OF THE YEAR - Wine & Spirits Competition London
- 1992 BOB OATLEY Graham Gregory Trophy - Wine Industry New South Wales
- 1986 WINEMAKER OF THE YEAR - Wine & Spirits Competition London
- 1983 FIRST AUSTRALIAN WINERY WINDS DOUBLE GOLD - London International Wine & Spirits Challenge
A collector's item! This wine has been given a drinking window of up to 13 years. We believe this wine to be outstanding - however, as with all aged wines, it comes with a 'Buyers be aware' clause, and the labels may not be perfect. If you have any queries, please just drop us an email or give us a call!
|Cultivar||Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot|
14% alc vol
|Units of Alcohol per bottle||
Beef, Pasta, Lamb, Game, Poultry
|Cellaring Potential||12 years|
|Allergen Information||Contains Sulphites|
|Origin||Limestone Coast, Coonawarra|