Intense ruby red colour
Subtle spicy and vanilla aromas in harmony with red and black fruit.
It is round and velvety with a perfect balance of flavours. Long and pleasant finish.
Fermentation with maceration for 20 days with grape stemmed, at a temperature of between 27°C - 30°C. Aged in American oak barrels for 24 months followed by 12 months in bottle before release.
- Gold Medal. Sommelier Wine Awards 2016
- Silver Medal. Concours Mondiale de Bruxelles 2016
Bodegas Rioja Santiago hosts and serves wine to millions of pilgrims as they pass through Rioja, on their final stage to Santiago de Compostela.
Founded in 1870 in Haro, on the banks of the River Tiron, Bodega Rioja Santiago is the fourth oldest winery in La Rioja. One of only five wineries permitted to use the word ‘Rioja’ on the label.
Nowadays Rioja Santiago is a modern winery, but the philosophy that surrounded the wines for more than 100 years has not changed: producing the highest quality Rioja wines.
Did you know?
Rioja can appear in four styles.
- Generico: Wines in their first or second year which keep their fresh fruitiness.
- Crianza which are at least in their third year, having spent a minimum of one year in casks.
- Reserva: Selected wines of the best vintages that have been aged for a minimum of three years, with at least one in casks.
- Finally, Gran Reserva which have spent at least two years in oak casks and three in the bottle.
|Cultivar||80% Tempranillo and 20% Garnacha|
13.5% alc vol
|Units of alcohol per bottle||10.1 units|
|Allergy Information||Awaiting info|
|Food Matches||Ideal with poultry, roast beef or lamb dishes. Serve at between 16-18°C.|