Fresh soft red forest fruit flavours and earthy aromas are balanced with spicy oak.
A round, full and aromatic wine with a lingering finish.
After careful fermentation at temperatures not exceeding 28°C, the wine is kept in vats for a period of 12 months. It is then transferred to oak casks for ageing of approximately 24 months, depending on the vintage. After bottling, it continues to mature for a further 3 years prior to release.
Back in the day, Felipe Lagunilla was the man who worked hardest to rescue Rioja’s vineyards from the Phylloxera crisis. Made Comendador by the King, he is renowned for leading the Spanish charge to replant vines grafted with American rootstock which were already resistant to Phylloxera.
Founded in 1885, and one of the most traditional bodegas in Rioja Alta, it is the home to some of the best Reservas and Crianza this wine region has ever produced.
- Silver Medal. IWSC 2017
- Silver Medal. Mundus Vini Vinter2017
- Silver Medal. Mundus Vini Summer 2017
- 88 points. Wine Enthusiast 2016
Did you know?
Rioja can appear in four styles.
- Generico: Wines in their first or second year which keep their fresh fruitiness.
- Crianza which are at least in their third year, having spent a minimum of one year in casks.
- Reserva: Selected wines of the best vintages that have been aged for a minimum of three years, with at least one in casks.
- Finally, Gran Reserva which have spent at least two years in oak casks and three in the bottle.
|Cultivar||80% Tempranillo and 20% Garnacha|
13.5% alc vol
|Units of alcohol per bottle||10.1 units|
|Cellaring Potential||Awaiting info|
|Allergen Information||Awaiting info|
|Dietary Information||Awaiting info|
|Food Matches||Ideal to enjoy with beef, lamb and game roasts, pasta, tomato sauces, barbeques and chicken. Serve at about 17°C.|