Deep ruby red
Hints of vanilla and fresh tobacco leaf on the nose.
Lagunilla Crianza is a medium-bodied wine - well structured and balanced.
Back in the day, Felipe Lagunilla was the man who worked hardest to rescue Rioja’s vineyards from the Phylloxera crisis. Made Comendador by the King, he is renowned for leading the Spanish charge to replant vines grafted with American rootstock which were already resistant to Phylloxera.
Founded in 1885, and one of the most traditional bodegas in Rioja Alta, it is the home to some of the best Reservas and Crianza this wine region has ever produced.
The must is fermented at a maximum temperature of 28°C. After fermentation, the wine is transferred into oak casks to slowly mature for 12 months, followed by a further 12 months ageing in bottle prior to its release.
- Gold Medal. Mundus Vini Summer Tasting 2017
- Silver Medal. IWSC 2017
- Bronze Medal. IWSC 2016
- 89 points. Wine Enthusiast 2016
Did you know?
Rioja can appear in four styles.
- Generico: Wines in their first or second year which keep their fresh fruitiness.
- Crianza which are at least in their third year, having spent a minimum of one year in casks.
- Reserva: Selected wines of the best vintages that have been aged for a minimum of three years, with at least one in casks.
- Finally, Gran Reserva which have spent at least two years in oak casks and three in the bottle.
|Cultivar||80% Tempranillo and 20% Garnacha|
13.5% alc vol
|Units of alcohol per bottle||10.1 units|
|Dietary Information||Awaiting info|
|Food Matches||A great all-rounder to enjoy with red and white meats, poultry, roasts, pasta, and cheeses. Serve at about 17°C.|