Intense red, clean and bright cherry. On the nose, subtle and delicate, fruity, ripe red fruit and some minerality. On the mouth, intense, something spicy, ripe fruit again without losing balance.
Fermentation in stainless steel tanks by indigenous yeast. Malolactic fermentation in tank.
This winery is a joint venture between Jorge Ordoñez and Rafael Cañizares, who is also the winemaker. The vineyard of this wine is located in Requena, Valencia.
- Viticulture: Traditional dry farmed head-trained goblet vineyards.
- Yields: 3.5 kg per plant
- Vineyard Area: 25 acres (10Ha.)
- Total Area in D.O.: 32,000 acres (13,000Ha.)
- Altitude: 2100-2300ft. (650-700m)
- Soils: Chalky, sandy soils.
- Climate: Continental with Mediterranean influences.
- Harvest: Beginning of October.
Peñín Guide 2017: 88 points.
13.5% alc vol
|Units of alcohol per bottle||10.1 units|
|Cellaring Potential||For immediate enjoyment|
|Allergen Information||Contains Sulphites|
|Dietary Information||Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans|
Perfect accompaniment to seafood, shellfish, uncured cheeses, salad and rice.