A Double Gold Winner!
In 1990 Ron and his wife Jamie, bought their first vineyard and in 1995 McManis Family Vineyards was formed with the purpose-built winery arriving by the end of the Millennium. Now the McManis family owns over 2,600 acres between the Ripon area and Lodi in California’s northern interior region.
Alan's personal notes "For those not sure of Viognier, this is delicious - really expressive, great weight and unctuous pineapple and peach flavours. Go on - you'll love it!".
Bright in hue and is medium straw in colour.
This wine is filled with big, bright fruit aromas of pear and peach.
The wine is viscous and creamy in the mouth. All the flavour promised by the nose is amply delivered with a long finish.
100% of the fruit for our 2018 Viognier came from McManis’ very own River Junction AVA, located at the confluence of the San Joaquin and Stanislaus Rivers. The vineyards here sit below the waterline most of the year, resulting in temperatures 2-5 degrees cooler than the surrounding area and a more prominent diurnal temperature swing; an excellent climate for premium Viognier.
The fruit was harvested on September 11th, 2018, averaging 25.8 Brix at harvest. The juice was cold fermented in stainless steel to retain the unique fruit characteristics of Viognier.
- 2018 Best Buy - Wine Enthusiast
- 2017 90Pts Best Buy, Wine Enthusiast #23 Top 100 Best Buy 2019
- 2017 Double Gold Medal at the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2019
- 2013 Viognier 89 points from Wine Enthusiast (December 2014 edition)
- Top rated wine under $15 dollars (Wine and Spirits Magazine, December 2014)
- Best Viognier at Houston International Wine Competition 2014
- Best White Wine of the Show at Houston International Wine Competition 2010
|Cultivar||92% Viognier with the remainder being a touch of Sauvignon Blanc & Muscat to enhance aromatics|
13.5% alc vol
|Units of Alcohol per Bottle||10.1 units|
|Cellaring Potential||Awaiting Info|
|Allergen Information||Contains Sulphites|
Vegan & Vegetarian, Certified Green
|Food Matches||A lovely match with spicy foods such as Thai or Indian cuisine, or a Moroccan tagine.|