This full-bodied blockbuster boasts plenty of blue and black fruit notes, impressive purity and an enticing texture as well as length.
The wine is stainless steel fermented with some stirring of the lees to attain the maximum expression of the variety.
This winery is a joint venture between Jorge Ordoñez and Rafael Cañizares, who is also the winemaker. The Tarima vineyards are situated between the mountain ranges of Sierra de Salinas, Sierra de L’Altet and Sierra de la Sima. The vineyards grow at an elevation ranging between 600-750 m (1,928-2,460 ft.) above sea level.
The grapes for this wine come from 20 ha. (49.4 acres) of vineyards planted between 1970 and 1960 on chalky soils with very low yields. All vines are pruned in the vaso system which is an all-natural, almost organic process, with no irrigation.
The grapes are harvested by hand in early September.
- 91 points - Jeb Dunnuck (2016 vintage)
- 92 points - Guía Peñín (2015 vintage)
- 91 points - Robert Parker Wine Advocate (2015 vintage)
- 92 points -. Guía Peñín (2015 vintage)
- 91 points - J Raynolds Vinous (2015 vintage)
- 91 points - Robert Parker erobertparker.com (2015 vintage)
- 87 points - Robert Parker Wine Advocate (2014 vintage)
- 89 points - Guía Peñín (2014 vintage)
- 87 points - Wine Spectator (2014 vintage)
- 91 points Guía Peñín (2013 vintage)
- 86 points - Wine Spectator (2013 vintage)
- 90 points Stephen Tanzer (Vintages 2010-2012-2013)
- 92 points - Guía Peñín (vintage 2012)
14.5% alc vol
|Units of alcohol per bottle||10.9 units|
|Cellaring Potential||Awaiting information|
|Allergen Information||Contains Sulphites|
|Dietary Information||Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans|
Rice from Pinoso, cured meats, barbecues