Cantina di Custoza

2018 Val Dei Molini Custoza DOC

Regular price £9.99 Save £-9.99
0 in stock
2018 Val Dei Molini Custoza DOC

Tasting Notes

The Custoza was formerly known as "Il vino delle dame" (The Wine of the Ladies). A summer wine favoured by Italian noble ladies on Lake Garda, a favourite due to its fruity freshness. To date, the Custoza Val dei Molini has lost none of its popularity - a straw-yellow white wine, which is very harmonious and balanced. 

Nose 

A rich, full-bodied wine with flavours of honeydew melon and other tropical fruits. The finish is delightful, with a pleasant length.

Palate 

We find tender herbal notes and nuances of tropical fruits. 

Maturation 

The grapes are harvested from 15 to 20-year-old vines in vineyards located in Sommacampagna in Custoza. They are then fermented at controlled temperatures in stainless steel tanks with partial malolactic fermentation. 90% of the wine is aged for 5 months in stainless steel tanks whilst the remaining 10% is aged for 5 months in 10hl barrels.  

Awards Vintage

  • 2019 90/100 Migliori Vini Italiani Luca Maroni 
  • 2018 Gold Medal - Mundus Vini
  • 2018 5 Stars Wine Awards - 90/100 Vinitaly
  • 2017 Gold Medal - Mundus Vini
  • 2017 Medaglia d'argento - Concours Mondial de Bruxelles
  • 2016 IWSC Silver
  • 2015 Decanter Bronze

Specifications

Year 2018
Bottle Size 750ml
Cultivar Tocai Friulano, Garganega, Trebbiano
Toscano, Cortese, Chardonnay
Country Italy
Alcohol content  12.5%
Units of Alcohol per Bottle
9.4 units
Type White Blend
Food Matches
Ideal as an aperitif, mussels, light soup, pasta, and soups. Serve between 10-12°C.
Cellaring Potential Until 2021
Allergen Information Contains sulphites
Origin Sommacampagna, Custoza, Valeggio S.M.
Appellation Custoza DOC